How to become a GOOD CATHOLIC
Essential Changes in Catholic Behavior
One of my more cantankerous Catholic friends sent me an angry email. One those emails that screeches across cyber space and slams into your laptop. You run to see if your modem is smoking. TELL ME he screamed JUST WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY CHURCH REFORM!
It is all rather easily described. Doing is the difficult part.
I want to see a dramatic change in Catholic lifestyle…..for everyone from brother Ben in Rome to Pete and Marylou down the street.
I want to see some major behavior changes. I want to see people shift toward a better way of life.
ESSENTIAL CHANGES :
(1) From living in the past (the current Roman fad and fashion) to engaging with the present and thinking creatively about tomorrow.
(2) From practicing religion to living the Faith
(3) From rigid ritual to consciously-incarnational life
(4) From boxed-in religious ideology to open-ended theology
(5) From self-protective bureaucratic hierarchies to courageous apostolic networks
(6) From religious arrogance to cross-cultural, cross-religion collaboration
(7) From having the all the truth to continually searching for the truth
(8) From being protective temple-builders to being traveling pilgrims pitching their tents along journey
(9) From schooling professionals to mentoring leaders
(10) From seeing the world as our enemy to appreciating the world as the real place where we live and encounter the Divine
(11) From parishes that are impersonal large congregations to parishes that are intimate small size communities
(12) From following church celebrities to encountering real saints